Timetable and procedure
The European Press Prize will welcome entries for the 2016 edition from the 1st of November.
Deadline and other additional information to be announced in September.
The entries will be assessed and sifted by the Preparatory Committee, consulting widely. This committee will narrow the choice in each category to about six entries.
The Preparatory Committee’s choices and the resulting shortlists will be published on the European Press Prize website.
The main Panel of Judges will then meet to make its final selection of winners. The winners will be announced during our Ceremony in April. All winners will be asked to attend the awards ceremony and conference.
Entries should be submitted firstly digitally by completing the form on this website. Only complete forms can be entered. All entries should be accompanied by a synopsis in English (250 words maximum), explaining the theme of the article or articles, together with an assessment of its impact and reception. The full text of the article(s) must be submitted in a Word or PDF document.
After the Preparatory Committee makes the first preliminary shortlist, journalists will be contacted to enter samples and evidence of the entered work.
- A specimen from the printed or published version
- Photo’s of published articles
- A hard copy of a printed web-page
- Further explanation of effect and role (500 words) in English
- Independent testimonial assessing impact and importance in English
- A signed letter of support from an editor, publisher or independent and respectable assessor in the country of origin.
For any questions, please email entries[at]europeanpressprize.com