We are searching for new team members!
Come work with us, to find, support and celebrate journalism all around Europe!
We are searching for professionals (working in The Netherlands on a freelance basis) to cover the roles mentioned below.
What we offer all our freelancers:
- A wide international network, and a diverse range of tasks.
- Autonomy, trust and freedom in doing their job.
- Flexible working hours and days.
- An enthusiastic international team.
- The chance to travel Europe for our events.
Send your resume and a motivation letter to [email protected] before November 10, with the subject “Work with European Press Prize”. We will reply in person to suitable candidates. Rates and working hours will be discussed during the interview process.
The Operations Manager is in charge of everything the Press Prize does at its core: awarding the best journalism in Europe. In broad lines, that means: preparing for our annual Call for Entries and also making sure entries are being submitted in September, October & November, coordinating translations of the longlist selected by our Preparatory Committee, preparing and executing the judging process in December, January and February by coordinating and supporting our Preparatory Committee and Panel of Judges; managing the operations behind our Shortlists and Winners in March, April and May by coordinating with our Nominees and making sure all new Nominees and Articles are being uploaded to our website and supporting the events, Laureates and bureau throughout the year.
What is an operation manager good at?
- Being organised and precise: keeping track of the timeline and deadlines of all the Prize’s operational activities, making sure both you and the rest of the Bureau deliver on time.
- Enthusiasm and proactivity in running a tight ship, dealing with a high number of freelancers, people working on different projects in different cities, hired experts and PrepCom members and Judges devoting their time.
- Having a clear understanding of the company processes and dynamics, to be able to make them run more efficiently and to come up with new ways of making them run even more smoothly where possible.
- Making sure everyone working for the Press Prize has a clear view of what the year looks like, and what the pivotal moments are; making sure everyone is aligned and up-to-speed.
- Write and execute the ‘script’ of our Press Prize year, from entries to awards – getting the whole Bureau aligned and making sure deadlines are being made
- The organisation of the PrepCom and Judges meetings after the entry period and coordination of needed translations, supporting PrepCom members and Judges during this process
- Travelling to different cities for the PrepCom and Judges’ meetings and for the Ceremony
- Dealing with questions and remarks from the Prize applicants
- Supporting the director with HR, team and office