PRIVACY STATEMENT EUROPEAN PRESS PRIZE, EUROPEAN CARTOON AWARD & EUROPEAN PRESS PRIZE COMMUNITY PLATFORM
* your application for the European Press Prize;
* as a user of the website www.europeanpressprize.com; and
* the registration and use of the European Press Prize Community platform.
Stichting European Press Prize takes data privacy and security very seriously. We take all usual technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to your data on our servers.
Who controls the processing of your personal data?
Stichting European Press Prize located at Kleine-Gartmanplantsoen 10, 1017RR Amsterdam, the Netherlands, is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Need to contact us?
You can contact Stichting European Press Prize:
Providing your personal data is not compulsory
Providing personal data is never compulsory. You can always decide whether or not to provide personal data. However, in order to be able to apply for the European Press Prize the provision of personal data is necessary. If we ask for the input of personal data, we will indicate which data are necessary and therefore must be provided, and which data can be provided optionally. To register to the European Press Prize Community platform it Is necessary to provide your name and phone number. Adding any other personal data is optional.
Which personal data do we process?
If you submit your project/cartoon for the European Press Prize we process your personal data. This could include the following personal data:
* name, year of birth, and gender
* phone number(s) and email address(es)
* country of residence, nationality
* contact person, co-contributor(s) names
* function and company or organization you work for
* project language
If you subscribe to our newsletter we process the following personal data:
* name and email address
If you wish to register to the European Press Prize Community platform, we process your personal data. This could include the following personal data:
* Phone number(s) and email address(es)
* Country of residence
* Function and company or organization you work for
* URLs to your social media accounts
* Language(s) you speak
* Short bio
* Year of Press Prize nomination
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
* to provide you with access to our website or to the European Press Prize Community platform
* to process your registration
* to check your referees regarding the submitted article/cartoon
* to contact you in case we need additional material(s)
* to award the European Press Prize
* to publish your article/cartoon on our website
* to republish your article/cartoon in other European media
* to send you an invitation to the Ceremony where the winners of the European Press Prize or European Cartoon Award will be announced
* to send you an invitation to any other European Press Prize related event taking place
* to publish an overview of the journalists/cartoonists that have been nominated for the European Press Prize or European Cartoon Award
* to send you a newsletter
* to inform our former subscribers that the European Press Prize or European Cartoon Award is open for entries
* to send you an email regarding your registration to the European Press Prize Community platform
* To connect you to other members of the European Press Prize Community platform (solely with your permission)
To the extent that the processing listed above requires your permission, we will request such permission in advance. You can always revoke such permission.
Your personal data will not be used for purposes other than those listed above.
Lawful basis for processing
We may process personal data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so. This means that we are allowed to process personal data if such processing is necessary for our business activities, as long as your privacy does not override that interest. We may also process personal data because it is necessary for a contract we have with you, or to comply with legal obligations. In those cases in which we need your consent for processing we will not process that personal data until we have obtained your consent, and we will discontinue processing that data in case you withdraw your consent.
Data processing in the Netherlands and abroad
Your personal data will only be stored and processed in the Netherlands or in countries where this is allowed under European Union’s GDPR.
In as far as we engage the services of a third party for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement, and this third party in performing these services has access to your personal data, we have taken the necessary contractual and organizational measures to ensure that your data will only be processed for the purposes described here.
Security and retention
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. We will not retain or keep your data longer than allowed by law, required by law and/or necessary for the purposes for which the data are processed. The retention period therefore depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which the data is processed. Retention periods may vary accordingly.
Inspection, correction and deletion
You have the right to know which personal data we keep regarding you, to inspect such data, and to request rectification or erasure. You also have the right to request restriction of processing or to object to processing, as well as the right to data portibility. You can send an email or a letter to these ends with your name and contact information to [email protected] or to Stichting European Press Prize located at Kleine-Gartmanplantsoen 10, 1017RR Amsterdam, The Netherlands. In your request, please specify as much as possible which personal data you refer to. In general, we will respond within four weeks to a request for inspection or correction. In case of a deletion request we will delete the personal data as soon as possible, unless and to the extent that the law requires us to keep the personal data or if there are other compelling reasons to oppose removal. After the execution of a deletion request we will send you a message of confirmation. If the personal data is (partially) not deleted, we will send you a message in which we explain why your request could not (fully) be met. If we cannot identify which personal data are meant by a request for inspection, correction or deletion, we may ask you to specify your request in more detail. We suspend the execution of the request until you have provided us with such detailed specification.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory privacy authority in your country of residence or in the Netherlands.
Amendment and version
We may amend this privacy statement. We recommend that you check regularly for changes. This privacy statement was last amended January 2023.